2020 Space Camp Scholarship
About our Space Camp Scholarship
Are you between the ages of 10 and 14, and have you dreamed of attending Space Camp® in Huntsville, Alabama, where you would be trained on how to live and work in space? This might be your opportunity to command, navigate, and contribute to a space mission simulation. Space Camp could inspire and motivate you to join the ranks of space pioneers who persevere to push the boundaries of human exploration.
Geek Partnership Society is offering a scholarship that will cover the cost of one session, plus airfare, for one student. If you are not selected, you may reapply each year that you qualify.
- Submissions will be accepted between October 20, 2019 through 11:59 pm January 20, 2020.
- Complete the 2020 Space Camp Application. (Link to come)
- Answer an essay question (question to come)
- Either a 500 to 900 word essay OR
- A 3 to 10-minute video
- A written letter of recommendation from a mentor is required. You can send a copy and keep the original letter of recommendation for future use. We only need a copy.
- You must also meet the qualifications below.
- Be age 10-14 (at the time they attend)
- Live in the 5 state area (MN, IA, WI, SD, ND)
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in and understanding of space exploration
- Have parental consent and fill out the application fully and accurately
- Be able to attend Space Camp during the available time period
- Be able to attend a 5-night program out of state without a parent
- If you win the scholarship, you must fill out additional forms from Space Camp and agree to follow its rules and regulations.
- Be able and willing to represent Geek Partnership Society while attending Space Camp.
- Be able to attend the 2020 CONvergence convention in Minneapolis for the announcement on stage during Opening Ceremony. The winner and responsible adult will receive complimentary memberships to the convention.
How to submit:
Please submit the 2020 Space Camp Application with all the required information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm January 20, 2020.
The application form, essay, and reference should be in Word (.doc, .docx) or Adobe PDF (.pdf) formats.
If you prefer, you may print and mail the documents to the address below. Keep in mind that mailed documents must be postmarked no later than January 20. No late applications will be accepted.
Geek Partnership Society
c/o Space Camp Committee
1121 Jackson St. NE, Ste. 106
Minneapolis, MN 55413
For video submissions: Upload your video YouTube under unlisted (anyone with the link can view) and share that link and the other document files to email@example.com by the deadline.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, the application process, or anything else, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.