Congratulations to our 2016 Space Camp scholarship winner,
About our Space Camp Scholarship
Are you between the ages of 10 and 14, and have you dreamed of attending Space Camp® in Huntsville, Alabama, where you would be trained on how to live and work in space? This might be your opportunity to command, navigate, and contribute to a space mission simulation. Space Camp could inspire and motivate you to join the ranks of space pioneers who persevere to push the boundaries of human exploration.
Geek Partnership Society is offering a scholarship that will cover the cost of one session, plus airfare, for one student. You should have a connection to GPS yourself, or have someone in your life who is a volunteer, a member, or a friend or relative of one. If you are not selected, you may reapply each year that you qualify.
- Applications will be accepted between October 1 and December 10, and will become available in September
- In addition, a 500-900 word essay is required, answering “Why is Space Exploration important to me?”
- Also, at least one letter of recommendation is required, preferably from an educational reference who can attest to your ability to be successful at Space Camp. Please keep the original letter of recommendation for future use. We only need a copy.
- You must also meet the qualifications below.
- Be age 10-14 (at time of application AND travel)
- Have a connection to GPS yourself, or have someone in your life who is a volunteer, member, or a friend or relative of one
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in and understanding of space exploration
- Have parental consent and fill out the application fully and accurately
- Be able to attend Space Camp during the available time period
- Be able to attend a 5-night program out of state without a parent
- If you win the scholarship, you must fill out additional forms from Space Camp and agree to follow its rules and regulations.
- Be able and willing to represent Geek Partnership Society while attending Space Camp
- Be able to attend the 2017 CONvergence convention in Bloomington for the announcement on stage during Opening Ceremony
Please submit the Space Camp Application with all the required information to spacecamp @ geekpartnership.org. The application form, essay, and reference should be in Word (.doc, .docx) or Adobe PDF (.pdf) formats.
If you prefer, you may print and mail the documents to the address below. Keep in mind that mailed documents must be received by December 10. No late applications will be accepted.Geek Partnership Society
c/o Space Camp Committee
1121 Jackson St. NE, Ste. 106
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Want to help get the word out about the scholarship?
We have a Facebook Page. Please like us and share information about this program.